- Sniply links of your website will no longer lead to the snip.ly domain. Instead, they will redirect the reader to your domain. The Sniply bar will still appear as it normally would
- You can choose to Snip links on your website leading away from your domain
- You can choose a call-to-action to always display on your website.
Use Your Domain Not Snip.ly
Have you noticed that when you go to a Sniply link the browser stays on the snip.ly domain rather than redirecting to the real domain? After the Sniply optimization code is installed this problem is automatically solved!
Say you own a domain called mysite.com.
Snip Outbound Links
You can optionally select to add your call-to-action to links on your site leading to a different site. For example, say you own mysite.com and you've written a blog post that references an article on CNN. When someone clicks on this link to cnn.com:
Always Show Your Call-to-Action
If you'd like, you can show your call-to-action to all visitors to your site (not just those coming from Sniply links). That includes traffic from search engines, all social traffic, email traffic, etc!
To optimize your site for Sniply, just visit your dashboard, then click on "Integrations" - "Embed on Website/Blog" in the left navigation menu. This will take you to a page that allows you to add your site. Enter your site's URL into the textbox on the page, then click Continue. This will generate a line of code that you should insert into every page of your website, just before the close of your body tag.
If you use a WordPress site, adding the code to your site is most easily done through a plugin. We've heard good things about this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-and-footer-scripts/
After the code is installed on your site, verify its installation on your dashboard, and manage your preferences:
- Snip Outbound Links: you can choose whether or not you'd like to Snip outbound links. If you choose to Snip them, you can choose which call-to-action you'd like to use and if you'd like to avoid Snipping affiliate links. Note that the affiliate link avoidance is still somewhat experimental so we'd love to work with you to make sure that your site works perfectly - send us your feedback at email@example.com.
- Always Show your Call-to-Action: you can choose whether or not you'd like to show a call-to-action to all visitors to your site. If you would, you can choose your favourite call-to-action to display. Finally, you can specify a blacklist of URLs where you would like to avoid showing the call-to-action. The blacklist is a list (separated by newlines) that can specify absolute URLs or URL patterns.
Below is a screenshot of the preferences pane:
Selecting Outbound Links to Avoid Snipping
There are 3 ways to selectively disallow some links from being Snipped: